Action Bar Sherlock library is used to create action bar and related stuff in pre Honeycomb Android versions.
In this article, we will see how to set up Action Bar Sherlock library ( 4.2.0 ) for Eclipse IDE ( 4.2.0 ) .
1. Download the Action Bar Sherlock library (4.2.0) from here
2.Extract the downloaded file to a local directory
3. Rename the directory “library” contained in the extracted directory to “library420″
4. Open Eclipse IDE and click the menu File->New->Other->Android->Android Project from Existing Code
5. Select the “library420″ directory as the root directory of the new project
6. Make it a library project
Right click “library420″ in Project Explorer and click the menu “Properties”. Then in the opened dialog window, tick the checkbox “Is Library” as shown below and click OK.
Now Eclipse is ready to develop Android Applications containing Action Bar for pre Honeycomb versions
I am George Mathew, working as software architect and Android app developer at wptrafficanalyzer.in
You can hire me on hourly basis or on project basis for Android applications development.
For hiring me, please mail your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
My other blogs