In this article, we will see how to install Apache2 web server in Ubuntu 12.04 in command mode. We will also see how to start, stop and restart the Apache2 webserver service in command line mode.
And then at last, we will test the installation of the web server by accessing the test page available with the web server.
1. Installing Apache2 Web Server
sudo apt-get install apache2
2. Starting Apache2 Web Server in command line
sudo service apache2 start
3. Stoping Apache2 Web Server in command line
sudo service apache2 stop
4. Restarting Apache2 Web Server in command line
sudo service apache2 restart
5. Open the test page in a web browser by entering the url http://localhost
Note : Default path for storing web pages ( document root ) is /var/www
I am George Mathew, working as software architect and Android app developer at wptrafficanalyzer.in
You can hire me on hourly basis or on project basis for Android applications development.
For hiring me, please mail your requirements to email@example.com.
My other blogs