In this article, we are going to see, how to create a HelloWorld application in Android.
This application is developed in Eclipse ( 4.2.1 ) with ADT plugin ( 20.0.3 ) and Android SDK ( R20.0.3 )
1. Open Eclipse IDE
2. Click File -> New -> Project -> Android Application Project
As shown in the Figure 1 , enter HelloWorld as the project name
3. Design application launcher icon :
4. Create a blank activity
5. Enter MainActivity details
6. Delete Android Support Library from this project, if exists
By default Eclipse ( 4.2.1) adds Android Support Library to Android application project. For this application, we don’t need to use this support library. So the library file libs/android-support-v4.jar may be removed manually via ProjectExplorer by simply right click on the file and then clicking the menu item “delete”
7. Run the application by clicking the menu Run -> Run . The output is shown below :
8. Download the Code
9. Testing with Android Testing Framework
Only the 50% of the application development is completed now. The remaining 50% is with the testing of the application and it is discussed in the article titled “Android Testing Example – Helloworld with ActivityUnitTestCase” .
I am George Mathew, working as software architect and Android app developer at wptrafficanalyzer.in
You can hire me on hourly basis or on project basis for Android applications development.
For hiring me, please mail your requirements to email@example.com.
My other blogs
Pages: 1 2